To be a successful fashion designer you must have complete knowledge about fashion design domain that would include skills in technology software’s like illustrator, drawing, patterns, sewing and many more.
These days the career in the fashion design industry is booming like never before. Due to exposure in the industry, not only students but people from different working domains are switching into fashion design.
So, here are some useful tips that will help you become a successful fashion designer :
1. Join a Fashion Design Course – If you are looking to pursue fashion design course as a career you must undergo fashion design course from some reputed or know institute. A well-structured course will help you learn right from the basics of fashion to advance fashion design. It will assist you in developing your skills along with the latest knowledge available with the qualified experienced professionals.
2. Hands-on Experience: Along with classroom training you must keep your self up to date with the fashion by
• Attending seminars
• Workshops (you must consider this while joining any fashion design institute)
• Internship with design firms
• Connecting with Clothing Manufacturers
3. Business Acumen: As a fashion designer you need to focus on a bigger picture as well. If you are planning to run your own fashion house, it’s important to have knowledge in multiple domains apart from the creative side like Sales and Marketing as this will assist you in enhancing your brand name in the market.
4. Portfolio Building: You should start working on your portfolio the moment you start your fashion design course. Its always nice to keep your work organized so that in future you can show your achievements, creativity that you have received during the course to your boss & clients. Keep in mind – every assignment you do today will sooner or later yield fruitful results.
INIFD Gurugram aims to explore the talent of fashion aspirants with professional guidance & provide ample opportunities in the field of fashion design.
Contact us for admissions or fashion design related queries.
For more fashion design tips & fresh fashion content, follow us on Facebook.